At Oud-Stratum Dentists, we value the privacy of our website users. To best ensure your privacy, we adhere to a set of core values
- Provide information – We want to inform you as well as possible how and why we process personal data. We do that through this privacy statement.
- Limit collection – We take great care to limit our collection of personal data to only what is truly necessary for the proper operation of the website and the services you use.
- No marketing based on personal data – We do not provide personal data for marketing purposes and send commercial mailings only with your express consent.
- Your information stays with us – We do not disclose your personal information to other parties unless necessary to provide the service used or when we are required to do so by law.
- Security – We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require the same from parties processing personal data on our behalf.
- We respect your legal rights – You have various rights that are enshrined in law. In this privacy statement, we inform you about them
This privacy statement tells you how we put these core values into practice and respect and protect your right to privacy.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
Depending on the services offered by us through the website, the personal data you may supply through our website may be used for the following purposes.
- Management of your account and profile – If you choose to create an account, we require some information from you. This includes your email address, a self-chosen password, name and address details, gender and your date of birth. By providing these data, you can use certain services on our website. By creating an account, you do not have to fill in the details every time.
- Registration and appointment scheduling – If you register with us through our website or schedule an appointment, the information you provide in the relevant form or appointment service will be used solely to manage your registration and schedule an appointment.
- Medical history or (repeat) prescription form – If you complete a medical history form through our website, or request (repeat) medication through a form, the information you supply provides us with a general understanding of your health, medication use, conditions and allergies. We treat this information confidentially and use it only to provide appropriate care to you.
- Request medication or repeat prescription – If you request medication through our website by logging into your personal environment, you will be able to see your online medication profile as it is known to us. You can then order medication and set reminders.
- eConsult – If you use eConsult for your questions to us, we will treat the information you provide confidentially. To use this service, you must log in to your personal environment.
- Your medical record – In the event that you provide medical information to us, it may be included in your medical record. We will only include it if permitted by law or after we have obtained your express consent to do so
- Contact form – If you have any questions, you can always contact us by filling in the contact form. You will be asked to enter your name and contact information along with a description of your question. This information is used solely to handle your inquiry and to improve our services.
- Ordering through the website – We use the information you provide when placing an order to process the order. Where necessary, information is provided to other parties involved in handling the order, such as the delivery service.
- Newsletter – If you give us permission to send you a newsletter, we will use your email address and name to send the newsletter to you. You can withdraw a previously given consent at any time, for example by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of each commercial mailing.
We will not process your personal data for purposes other than those stated above unless you have given your prior consent or we are permitted or required to do so by law.
On what bases do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data only on a legal basis. For the above purposes, we process your personal data on the following bases:
- Execution of the agreement: for the purposes of providing our services, such as to complete your registration;
- (Express) consent: for the purposes of providing access to and using the functionalities of our website, placing cookies, sending our newsletter, or processing your medical data after we have obtained your (explicit) consent to do so;
- Legal obligation: we may have a legal basis for the purpose of processing your medical data and maintaining your medical records. In addition, we are required by law to retain certain data from the order you place in our web shop.
What personal data do we need?
By using the website and the services available on it, you leave certain information with us. We store and use only the personal data that are provided directly by you or for which, when provided, it is clear that it is provided to us for processing. Depending on the service you use, we may collect the following data through the website:
- Your contact information (email address, phone number);
- Your name, address and place of residence;
- Your gender and date of birth;
- Account information;
- Insurance information (insurer name, policy number, insurance start date);
- The name of your health care providers or pharmacy;
- Time of your appointment;
- Payment information and billing address;
- Data regarding your health;
- Citizen Service Number (BSN);
- Click and visit behaviour;
- Device data / (pseudonymised) IP address.
Data of persons under 16 years of age
Our website and/or service has no intention to collect data on website visitors under the age of 16. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore recommend that parents be involved in their children’s online activities to avoid collecting data about children without parental consent. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a minor without such consent, please contact us.
Disclosure to third parties
Your information will expressly not be provided to third parties other than those directly involved in the performance of the agreement between you and us, or unless any legal provision requires us to do so. The parties we may need for the performance of the services you request are:
- Hosting parties and our software suppliers;
- Payment service providers and delivery services;
- Your health insurer.
We take the protection of your data seriously and take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you have the impression that your data are not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us.
Your personal data will never be kept longer than necessary for the purposes described in this privacy statement or on the website, except in cases where any legal obligation precludes the deletion of the personal data.
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected to this website by links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data reliably or securely. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Use of analytical cookies
We keep statistics on our website use, but this is either completely anonymised or pseudonymised at all times. No statistics are kept on parts of the website where your health information is exchanged. For tracking statistics, we may use the applications below.
In cases where we have activated the Google Analytics tool, cookies from the American company Google are placed via our website, as part of the Analytics service. We use this service to track and receive reports on how visitors use the website. This tool is privacy-friendly according to the guidelines of the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Under these guidelines, sharing of data with Google for Google’s own purposes has been stopped and we have entered into a processor agreement with Google.
Matomo Analytics (Piwik)
In the event that we have activated the Matomo Analytics tool, (first-party) cookies are set to track visitor statistics. This allows us to map how visitors use our website (how long you stay on a page, from which page you came here and to count the number of unique visitors). All data remain on our server and are never shared with other parties.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. It is recommended that you consult this statement periodically so that you are aware of these changes.
Accessing, modifying and deleting your data
You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent to data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by Oud-Stratum Dentists and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can make a request to us to send the personal data we hold on you in a computer file to you or another organisation named by you. You may send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or a request to withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data to the contact details below. We will respond to your request as soon as possible. Be sure to clearly identify who you are so we can be sure we are not modifying or deleting data on the wrong person.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Oud-Stratum Dentists would also like to remind you that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the regulatory authority in the country in which you are located. In the Netherlands, the regulatory authority is called the Data Protection Authority.
Questions and feedback
+31 (0)40 2111458